Farming Tips, Tricks, and Tidbits
- Potatoes, amaranth, and wheat can be planted in the fall. The wheat will be harvested in last summer/early fall of the next year.
- Goats produce milk for around 420 days a year, if they have kidded that year.
- Most goats give birth to two kids per pregnancy, though one or three kids is also a possibility.
- Goat gestation takes around 150 days, and should be started around Day 425.
- Charcoal takes a week to make a single batch using the mound method.
- It takes about 40 gold pieces to feed 60 chickens for a year.
Prices in the Farming Community Around Gretchen’s
- 1 Copper per egg
- 5 Coppers per omelet
- 2 Silver per adult chicken
- 5 Silver per gallon of goat milk
- 2 Silver for a small block of sheep’s butter
- 6 Copper for bunches of leeks, onions, or garlic
- 50 Gold for a trained farm dog